From the Independent Owners and Operators at SHOP 'n SAVE:
Dear Valued Customer
Over the years, SHOP 'n SAVE retailers have cultivated strong connections in each and every one of the communities we serve we care deeply about the safety of our customers and have always emphasized consumer well-being as our top priority. Now more than ever, we're committed to providing access to essential products at affordable prices.
For that reason, we want you to know that SHOP 'n SAVE is taking proactive precautions to keep our employees, customers and communities safe in the wake of COVID-19 by activating measures that address supply, sanitation and delivery.
SHOP 'n SAVE COVID-19 Green Phase Q&A
How is SHOP 'n SAVE adapting to COVID-19 restrictions and increased capacity during the green phase?
- The SHOP 'n SAVE policies tend to vary by location based on requirements at the county-level. However, all retailers are committed to following CDC recommendations to promote the safety of our customers and employees. This includes enforcement of reduced occupancy, store cleanliness, mask requirements and social distancing. The independent owners of SHOP 'n SAVE have continued to enforce a 50% occupancy where applicable in stores by manually keeping track of all guests who enter and exit the store in real time. As certain Pennsylvania counties move into the green phase, the stores plan to increase occupancy from 50% to 75% in compliance with state guidelines. Independent retailers will work just as diligently to keep an accurate count of guests while encouraging continued distancing of shoppers as they move throughout the store.
- As select SHOP 'n SAVE locations enter the green phase with increased store capacity, customer and employee health remains at the forefront of our operations. Independent owners are continuing to maintain safe and hygienic environments for all with ongoing comprehensive and effective sanitizing techniques to keep each location clean. Employees will continue to follow protocol for disinfecting high customer touchpoints, wiping down food service counters and practicing safe food handling regulations. To help reduce the spread of disease on an ongoing basis, SHOP 'n SAVE also encourages employees and customers to wash their hands and follow all other CDC guidelines for preventing illness both in-store and at home.
How is SHOP 'n SAVE planning to ensure safe shopping behavior and social distancing with increased store capacity?
- While SHOP 'n SAVE policies tend to vary by location, all independent owners will continue to follow CDC recommendations and enforce social distancing practices in-store to promote safe shopping habits. Previously implemented social distancing floor graphics and plexiglass dividers will remain in place at store locations, even as certain counties enter the green phase. All customers will also be encouraged to remain mindful of the personal distance placed between themselves and other patrons.
Will customers still be required to wear masks while shopping at stores located in green counties?
- All SHOP 'n SAVE owners are committed to following state and CDC recommendations to promote the health and safety of our customers and employees. As various counties enter the green phase, independent owners will continue to do everything they can to provide all guests with a safe shopping experience. This includes requiring employees and customers to continue to wear a mask while in store to reduce the spread of germs. Anyone who cannot safely wear a mask due to medical conditions is not required to do so, nor will they be asked to show documentation. We appreciate customer flexibility and continued support of the safety of our stores.
How is SHOP 'n SAVE planning to adjust supply/meet customer needs as counties begin to reopen?
- The independent owners of SHOP 'n SAVE will continue to work directly with manufacturers and suppliers to meet customer needs as restrictions begin to lift. Retailers are honoring all weekly specials and advertised pricing on in-stock items, however we cannot guarantee product availability during this time. On an ongoing basis, SHOP 'n SAVE will be adjusting supply purchases to better align with changing consumer behavior and ensure access to all necessary goods. Customers can find the current weekly ad at shopnsavefood.com
What is SHOP 'n SAVE doing to ensure vulnerable patrons remain safe as counties begin to reopen? Will stores continue to operate under adjusted store hours?
- As COVID-19 restrictions begin to lift across the region, the independent owners of SHOP 'n SAVE remain committed to safely supporting their loyal customers. In the wake of the pandemic, several SHOP 'n SAVE locations adjusted store hours to protect at-risk groups and accommodate social distancing practices. Many of these locations are prepared and capable to safely serve these customers while resuming their normal store hours. However, select stores will continue to provide accommodations for elderly and vulnerable consumers to shop during a designated time. Instacart Delivery and Pickup services including a "Leave at My Door Delivery" option, will also remain available for anyone wishing to purchase groceries online. Customers are encouraged to visit the SHOP 'n SAVE website to see how operating hours are shifting across various locations: http://bit.ly/2J5Amqp.
Inventory Levels/Stock Conditions
- As levels of demand surge, we're working with manufacturers and suppliers to meet customer needs. Please be aware that SHOP 'n SAVE may choose to place a quantity limit on in-demand products to ensure all consumers have better access to the goods they need as events unfold. SHOP 'n SAVE will continue to adjust supply purchases as necessary to provide customers with the highest level of care.
- Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, SHOP 'n SAVE has seen unprecedented surge in egg demand. The ensuing demand has resulted in egg shortages nationwide. As a result, we have seen a spike in the egg market. We are doing everything we can to source additional product. Thank you for your understanding.
- Our stores are attempting to restock daily sometimes twice per day depending on what's available at the supplier level. SHOP 'n SAVE is working closely with suppliers to increase inventory and update our customers accordingly. We're also asking shoppers to limit high quantity purchases so other consumers are able to find the goods they need, too.
Weekly Ad Circular Information
- As news surrounding COVID-19 continues to unfold, the independent owners of SHOP 'n SAVE are committed to supporting their communities by providing valued customers with everyday products at affordable prices. Store owners and employees are now focusing all efforts on cleaning and sanitizing with regularity, stocking shelves as often as possible and working directly with suppliers to address heightened demand. As a courtesy to fellow patrons, we're asking our customers to limit the number of high demand items purchased. This will help SHOP 'n SAVE keep shelves stocked, prioritizing access for all shoppers.
- To our valued customers: The independent owners of SHOP 'n SAVE are working hard to protect our communities from the spread of COVID-19 as best as we can. We're in this together and that's why we're encouraging you and all fellow customers to stay healthy by practicing safe shopping. Remember to keep a safe distance between you and other shoppers and to remain mindful of the number of patrons you bring into the store, if you can. The SHOP 'n SAVE team thanks you again for your patience during this unprecedented time and wishes you a safe and healthy Easter season.
Delivery and Pick Up Information
- Several SHOP 'n SAVE locations offer Instacart Delivery and Pickup services for customers who wish to purchase their groceries online. Instacart is now also offering a new "Leave at My Door Delivery" feature that allows customers to choose how they'd prefer to receive their groceries. Please visit shop.shopnsavefood.com to find the delivery options closest to your community.
- To further our commitment to health and safety, SHOP 'n SAVE has made several changes to our in-store policies. Stores are now limiting the number of customers allowed inside to ensure all guests have room to shop comfortably. To minimize the spread of disease, employees will also be required to wear masks during their shifts and asked to take hourly handwashing breaks to enhance sanitation. Certain registers will be closed for cleaning on a rotating basis throughout the day as well. Please know that we are committed to enforcing these new regulations to promote health and well-being for all.
- During these unprecedented times, the independent SHOP 'n SAVE owners are continually monitoring, evaluating and adapting all aspects of their businesses. At this time, no changes have been made to the SHOP 'n SAVE Pump Perks program. Please know that we are regularly adjusting policies at the store-level as events unfold and will keep customers informed of all updates as they arise.
- Safety is at the forefront of everything we do at SHOP 'n SAVE. That's why we want to assure our valued SHOP 'n SAVERS that all retailers are taking precautions to protect our communities in the wake of COVID-19. Please know that SHOP 'n SAVE is increasing inventory on high demand products, heightening in-store sanitation requirements and strongly encouraging customers and employees to follow CDC guidelines for preventing illness.
- The independent owners of SHOP 'n SAVE are committed to supporting their respective communities today and every day. As news surrounding COVID-19 continues to unfold, we're doing everything we can to help meet customer needs by protecting at-risk groups and accommodating social distancing practices. Several SHOP 'n SAVE stores are now adjusting their hours, allowing employees to address demand and providing time for elderly and vulnerable people to shop safely. Various locations also offer Instacart Delivery and Pickup services, including a "Leave at My Door Delivery" option, for those who wish to purchase their groceries online. Visit our website to see how operating hours are shifting across select locations: http://bit.ly/2J5Amqp.
- During this high-volume time, we have immediate openings for associates throughout our stores. Whether you are temporarily laid off or are simply looking for a position where you can make a difference, please apply today at your local SHOP 'n SAVE customer service desk.
- Please know that we are providing customers with weekly specials, event sales, everyday low prices and quality products. We can assure you that SHOP 'n SAVE understands the uniqueness of the current situation and that retailers are not increasing product pricing in the wake of the virus. SHOP 'n SAVE prices all products, at a fair and competitive value based on supplier costs
- Help us keep all SHOP 'n SAVE locations as clean as possible by limiting the number of outside objects you bring into the store including reusable shopping bags. Temporarily using the bags provided in store will allow us to better protect the well-being of employees and shoppers during this uncertain time. Thank you for your understanding!
- We're taking extra precautions to promote a safe and healthy in-store experience! Multiple SHOP 'n SAVE locations are installing plexiglass dividers and social distancing floor graphics to help customers keep the recommended space between themselves, fellow shoppers and store employees. To further reduce the spread of germs, we're also asking customers to avoid bringing reusable bags into SHOP 'n SAVE stores at this time. We're all in this together and we appreciate your help!
- SHOP 'n SAVE is taking extra precautions to promote a safe and healthy in-store experience. Multiple SHOP 'n SAVE locations are installing plexiglass dividers and social distancing floor graphics to help customers keep the recommended space between themselves, fellow shoppers and store employees. To further reduce the spread of germs, we're also asking customers to avoid bringing reusable bags into SHOP 'n SAVE at this time. Independent owners will continue to adapt their in-store policies and precautions as necessary as events unfold.
- We want all SHOP 'n SAVERS to have access to the goods they need! That's why SHOP 'n SAVE is asking customers to avoid stockpiling and to instead purchase a fair number of high-demand items per store visit. We're also suspending refunds on products purchased during this time to help shift in-store resources to stocking, cleaning and ringing up customers. Please know that products that do not meet quality standards will be exchanged or refunded as usual. Thank you for your understanding!
- We encourage you to purchase only what you needand not to stockpile. At this time, we are suspending refunds on products purchased during this declared emergency. We will continue to offer exchanges or refunds for any products that do not meet our quality standards.
- When it comes to maintaining a safe and hygienic environment, SHOP 'n SAVE already requires comprehensive and effective sanitizing techniques to keep each location clean. Employees are asked to completely disinfect high customer touchpoint areas for further cleanliness. We'll continue to thoroughly wipe down food service counters and follow regulations for safe food handling as usual. SHOP 'n SAVE encourages all customers and employees to wash their hands and follow all other CDC guidelines for preventing illness both in-store and at home.
- Please practice a safe distance between you and fellow customers and, if possible, stay mindful of the number of patrons that you bring into the store.
- SHOP 'n SAVE is encouraging customers to practice safe shopping habits! When visiting your local grocer, remember to wash your hands before and after entering the store, practice a safe distance between you and fellow customers and, if possible, stay mindful of the number of patrons you bring into the store if you can. We're in this together and appreciate the precautions our employees and customers are taking to keep their communities healthy during this high-volume time.
- Because SHOP 'n SAVE is independently owned and operated, individual retailers are handling additional compensation for their team members and will adapt policies at the store-level as events continue to unfold. SHOP 'n SAVE values each and every employee and we thank them for their efforts to show up and serve their respective communities during this challenging time.