1. In medium bowl stir together 1 cup flour, yeast and salt until blended.
2. Add very warm water and oil and/or shortening mixing until almost smooth.
3. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups flour graduatlly to make a firm dough.
4. Cover let rest for 15 minutes.
5. With oiled or floured fingers, press dough into greased or oiled pizza pan. Can make 2 pizzas or one large using a large cookie sheet with sides.
6. Bake in 400 degree F preheated oven for 10 minutes or just until slightly brown. Remove from oven.
7. Add desired toppings and finish baking until toppings are done - 10 to 15 minutes.
Easy to make from scratch pizza crust that is fast and delicious. Can be used to make baked sandwiches and any kind of pizza.